With the crazy weather we are having it seems like winter is almost over! There are still a bunch of activities around town in the month of February. Hang out with family and friends at any the following events near your Monte Hewett Homes community. As national Black History month, February always presents some wonderful cultural events throughout metro Atlanta. Let’s see what’s happening!
1. February 8, 2013, 7:00pm @ Alpharetta Community Center: Father/Daughter Valentine’s Day Dance
2. February 9, 2013, 8:00am @ City of Alpharetta Parks: Alpharetta Ambush Academy Cup Soccer Tournament
3. February 12, 2013, 10:30am @ Crabapple Government Center/Alpharetta Arts Center: Love Birds for Valentine’s Day
4. February 23, 2013, 10:00am @ South Main Street, Alpharetta GA 30009 across from Alpharetta City Hall: The Great British Car Fayre + Beatles Tribute Concert
Roswell: Get your cultural and historical arts on near Heatherton. This list is short and does not capture all of the events, so be sure to visit the City of Roswell Events Calendar for more details. Theirs is plenty of great things for you to attend in February.
1. February 1, 2013, 7:00pm-9:00pm @ Pleasant Hill Missionary Baptist Church: Unity Concert featuring Soweto Street Beat Dance Theatre
2. February 2, 2013 All Day @ Roswell Cultural Arts Center: Disney’s Aladdin Jr.
3. February 9, 2013, 7:30pm @ 950 Forrest St.: Ludwig Symphony Concert
4. February 10, 2013, 3:00pm @ Roswell Cultural Arts Center: We’re Back Again thru Dance, Music & Poetry
5. February 15, 2013, 8:00pm @ Roswell Cultural Arts Center: Freddy Cole Quartet produced in conjunction with the Atlanta Jazz Preservation Society
6. February 21, 2013, 7:00pm @ Roswell Historic Cottage: Slammin’ in the Suburbs: Roswell Poetry Slam
7. February 23, 2013, 1:00pm-3:00pm @ Pleasant Hill Baptist Church Community Center: 2nd Annual Cornbread Cook-Off
8. February 27, 2013, 6:30pm-9:30pm In the carriage house meeting space of Barrington Hall: Barrington Hall Wednesday Lecture: Black Patriots in the American Revolution presented by Jack Ferguson
1. February 17, 2013, 6:00pm @ Dunwoody City Hall: Rain Barrel Workshop
1. February 23, 2013 11:00am-12:00pm @ Smyrna Public Library: Black History Month Storytelling Celebration-Saturday Stories
Decatur: Druid Hills and Park Overlook is close by all the community happenings in Decatur; however, there are no events planned or February. That’s okay because Brookhaven is just a short drive away!
1. February 2, 2013 7:30pm @ Greater Atlanta Christian School Williams Fine Arts Center: The Whiz
2. February 2, 2013 9:00am @ Decatur Courtyard Marriott Conference Center: Decatur Old House Fair
3. February 2, 2013 12:00pm @ Olive Bistro: Mimosas & Meze
4. February – Ongoing @ Oglethorpe University: Photography Exhibit – Beta Israel: Ethiopian Jews and the Promised Land
5. February – Ongoing @ Chamblee Public Library: Dinner and a Movie: Pirates! Band of Misfits
6. February 9, 2013 @ Grimprov: The Murder Mystery Company Presents: “Death at the Doo-Wop”
7. February 14, 2013 6:00pm @ Villa Christina: Valentine’s Dinner